Saturday, March 3, 2018

NoSQL Database for Blog / Content Management System? (MongoDB / Cassandra)

My company has been used Oracle for a long time but we would like to look for a NoSQL database as a replacement for faster querying and flexible schema design.




I have tried to use MongoDB which would be the most popular NoSQL database nowadays. I connected it to Spring Data to do some simple queries, which is quite easy to be set up and code simply. Since we are using Spring MVC for web development, Spring Data seems quite suitable for integration.



However, I heard that Cassandra would have better performance in write and read, especially in large scaling system. I am not sure whether it is worth to move to Cassandra and not sure how to measure the performance between MongoDB and Cassandra.



Here are some requirements for my system:




  • focusing on article fetching

  • tagging for articles for users to easily search for their favors or related articles


  • non-distributed system, but have load-balancing and fail-over

  • Java based, Spring MVC for web development

  • articles would be stored as XML

  • probably provide user-defined tables (collections) and fields (keys)



Therefore I would like to raise some questions:




  • Which Database is the most suitable for my case? You may also raise other databases apart from MongoDB and Cassandra.


  • If I use Cassandra, which framework would be suitable for integrating to Spring MVC?



Thank you so much in advanced.

No comments:

Post a Comment

plot explanation - Why did Peaches' mom hang on the tree? - Movies & TV

In the middle of the movie Ice Age: Continental Drift Peaches' mom asked Peaches to go to sleep. Then, she hung on the tree. This parti...