Friday, March 23, 2018

java - Jackson with JSON: Unrecognized field, not marked as ignorable

I need to convert a certain JSON string to a Java object. I am using Jackson for JSON handling. I have no control over the input JSON (I read from a web service). This is my input JSON:



{"wrapper":[{"id":"13","name":"Fred"}]}


Here is a simplified use case:




private void tryReading() {
String jsonStr = "{\"wrapper\"\:[{\"id\":\"13\",\"name\":\"Fred\"}]}";
ObjectMapper mapper = new ObjectMapper();
Wrapper wrapper = null;
try {
wrapper = mapper.readValue(jsonStr , Wrapper.class);
} catch (Exception e) {
e.printStackTrace();
}

System.out.println("wrapper = " + wrapper);
}


My entity class is:



public Class Student { 
private String name;
private String id;
//getters & setters for name & id here

}


My Wrapper class is basically a container object to get my list of students:



public Class Wrapper {
private List students;
//getters & setters here
}



I keep getting this error and "wrapper" returns null. I am not sure what's missing. Can someone help please?



org.codehaus.jackson.map.exc.UnrecognizedPropertyException: 
Unrecognized field "wrapper" (Class Wrapper), not marked as ignorable
at [Source: java.io.StringReader@1198891; line: 1, column: 13]
(through reference chain: Wrapper["wrapper"])
at org.codehaus.jackson.map.exc.UnrecognizedPropertyException
.from(UnrecognizedPropertyException.java:53)

No comments:

Post a Comment

plot explanation - Why did Peaches' mom hang on the tree? - Movies & TV

In the middle of the movie Ice Age: Continental Drift Peaches' mom asked Peaches to go to sleep. Then, she hung on the tree. This parti...