Sunday, March 4, 2018

g++ - Does it matter which file extension I use for my C++ programs?

I am using Orwell Dev C++ 5.8.3 IDE. It uses g++ 4.8.1 compiler. When I am saving my C++ program files it shows to several file extensions for saving my C++ program files like .cpp, .cc, .cxx, .c++, .cp.



Does it matter which extension I choose?



Are these extensions compiler/IDE specific or platform specific?



I am using windows 7 operating system.



Are these extensions also available and / or valid to use on other operating systems like Unix or Linux?



Why there are so many extensions provided?



What is the reason?

No comments:

Post a Comment

plot explanation - Why did Peaches' mom hang on the tree? - Movies & TV

In the middle of the movie Ice Age: Continental Drift Peaches' mom asked Peaches to go to sleep. Then, she hung on the tree. This parti...