Saturday, April 20, 2019

The Ending of Dark Knight Rises - Movies & TV





I need some assistance understanding the end of The Dark Knight Rises (2012), it doesn't seem at all plausible for me. We see Batman save Gotham City from Bane by escaping the city while carrying the the bomb with the Bat out to sea before it has a chance to detonate.



I can appreciate that he wants to fake his own death and retire for real, and I can believe he fixed the autopilot (when Fox couldn't), but it really did not seem to me that he could have ejected at a safe distance considering the shots prior to the explosion.




If we are to believe that he did get out, six miles before the explosion, judging by the rate of the Bat that would put him about 12 miles out when he landed in the Bay.



So either he has a crazy swim to do, or I'm being too picky.



Am I missing something?


Answer



I am going to make some guesswork on my own here.



So we see the scene where the bomb hits the Traffic signal light/Board for the Highway and takes a dip below as soon as he takes off in The Bat




Second we see Batman flying towards a big building in front of him trying to make the Bat take off and go over it then I remember the scene switching to Blake in the bridge with the Kids.



Then we see Batman creating a way for him blowing the building obstacles (we actually see the explosion and kids gets excited during that scene) . I think this is where I think he made the switch because if he were flying it i think he could've maneuvered it over the obstacle rather than blowing it (remember the scene where he guides the missiles from the tumbler which were fired after him flying skillfully to guide it back to the sender)



So I think he made the eject when he was approaching the time when he was trying to flying above the building and cleared the obstacles with missiles which could hinder it progress with Autopilot and then got away.



PS: I only watched it once so far I could be little fuzzy with the detail of that sequence. Please feel free to correct me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

plot explanation - Why did Peaches' mom hang on the tree? - Movies & TV

In the middle of the movie Ice Age: Continental Drift Peaches' mom asked Peaches to go to sleep. Then, she hung on the tree. This parti...