Friday, April 26, 2019

mysql - PHP PDO clean user input

I've been looking into the most efficient method of cleaning user input. My application is a simple post request that is used to authenticate a user. Looking online I can find more then a dozen different "best" methods of doing this. A lot of these methods use deprecated php functions or seem overly complicated. In order to connect to my sql database I use the PDO class.


While searching for my own functions I stumbled accross this:



Prepared statements with bound parameters are not only more portable, more convenient, immune to SQL injection, but are often much faster to execute than interpolated queries, as both the server and client side can cache a compiled form of the query.



I already use the prepare method to create my statement. Does this mean I'm safe against SQL injection attacks? What else should I be worried about?

No comments:

Post a Comment

plot explanation - Why did Peaches' mom hang on the tree? - Movies & TV

In the middle of the movie Ice Age: Continental Drift Peaches' mom asked Peaches to go to sleep. Then, she hung on the tree. This parti...