Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/mysql/mysql.sock' (38)



I am having a big problem trying to connect to mysql. When I run:




/usr/local/mysql/bin/mysql start


I have the following error :



Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/mysql/mysql.sock' (38)


I do have mysql.sock under the /var/mysql directory.




In /etc/my.cnf I have:



[client]
port=3306
socket=/var/mysql/mysql.sock

[mysqld]
port=3306
socket=/var/mysql/mysql.sock
key_buffer_size=16M

max_allowed_packet=8M


and in /etc/php.ini I have :



; Default socket name for local MySQL connects.  If empty, uses the built-in
; MySQL defaults.
mysql.default_socket = /var/mysql/mysql.sock



I have restarted apache using sudo /opt/local/apache2/bin/apachectl restart



But I still have the error.



Otherwise, I don't know if that's relevant but when I do mysql_config --sockets I get



--socket         [/tmp/mysql.sock]

Answer



If your file my.cnf (usually in the /etc/mysql/ folder) is correctly configured with




socket=/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock


you can check if mysql is running with the following command:



mysqladmin -u root -p status


try changing your permission to mysql folder. If you are working locally, you can try:




sudo chmod -R 755 /var/lib/mysql/


that solved it for me


No comments:

Post a Comment

plot explanation - Why did Peaches' mom hang on the tree? - Movies & TV

In the middle of the movie Ice Age: Continental Drift Peaches' mom asked Peaches to go to sleep. Then, she hung on the tree. This parti...