Friday, January 4, 2019

game of thrones - Am I only missing nudity and violence?

I watch Game of Thrones on HBO in Singapore. The nudity I have heard so much about has been completely cut and I assume some of the more graphic violence has also been cut. The editing seems to be a lot better than most shows and is not that obvious.


Am I likely to be missing any major plot developments or is it all just pillow talk?


Answer


Personally I don't think the show would be worth watching without the sex and violence, but that might just be me. To actually answer your question though I think many of the sex scenes actually establish character and subtleties of plot, and the same might also be said of the violence.


According to Here be Geeks about 2-3 minutes have been cut from each hour in Singapore, and they express concerns that many of these scenes
will be integral to the plot:



Some gore or sex could probably be safely edited out of the shows, but I fear that certain scenes will be rendered useless due to censorship. Lots of ... Game of Thrones eps have violence and gore that and (sic) in some way or another is integral to the plot, and while off the top of my head I think most of the boobs from Game of Thrones can be edited out, there’s that one key scene in a whorehouse that I think really speaks volumes about quite a major character and his worldview.



No comments:

Post a Comment

plot explanation - Why did Peaches' mom hang on the tree? - Movies & TV

In the middle of the movie Ice Age: Continental Drift Peaches' mom asked Peaches to go to sleep. Then, she hung on the tree. This parti...