Wednesday, January 23, 2019

variable from batch file to python

Answer



**Updated because of comments



I am trying to pass a variable from a batch file to my python files. I am getting a n unexpected result; my code:




In my batch file:



SET variablename = 'name'
python 01_preparing.py %variablename%


In my python file



import sys


print('Argument:', sys.argv[1])


Result is



Traceback (most recent call last):
File "01_preparing.py", line 5, in
print('Argument:', sys.argv[1])
IndexError: list index out of range



Started out with this example: Sending arguments from Batch file to Python script

No comments:

Post a Comment

plot explanation - Why did Peaches' mom hang on the tree? - Movies & TV

In the middle of the movie Ice Age: Continental Drift Peaches' mom asked Peaches to go to sleep. Then, she hung on the tree. This parti...