Tuesday, January 29, 2019

php - Can I Install Laravel without using Composer?



I'd like to know if I can install or use the Laravel PHP framework on any web server without using Composer (PHP package/dependency manager) every time?



I would like to be able to drop my app on to any web server (like a shared server without access to the command line).



If I run composer install the first time (locally), then all the dependencies should be present, correct?




Then, I should be able to drop it onto any server with all of the files (including the vendor directory)?


Answer



If you really wanted to, you could do all the work that Composer does manually, but you definitely should not. Installing Composer is easy, it's just a matter of getting the composer.phar file and running commands on it.



You do not need to run Composer on your server as well as locally, once you run composer install or composer update your project will have all its dependencies available and you can just upload it straight to your server.


No comments:

Post a Comment

plot explanation - Why did Peaches' mom hang on the tree? - Movies & TV

In the middle of the movie Ice Age: Continental Drift Peaches' mom asked Peaches to go to sleep. Then, she hung on the tree. This parti...