Thursday, February 22, 2018

java - Android - MultiDex Install

I have exceeded the 65k method limit, by importing an external library. I have enabled ProGuard, but still get the same error.


[2015-01-12 15:13:39 - Dex Loader] Unable to execute dex: method ID not in [0, 0xffff]: 65536
[2015-01-12 15:13:39 - MyFirstGame] Conversion to Dalvik format failed: Unable to execute dex: method ID not in [0, 0xffff]: 65536

After reading the official Google documentation, it seems I should configure a MultiDex support. I am building my project using the Eclipse Indigo IDE, and do not have a build.gradle file. Using the SDK Manager I have installed 'Android Support Repository' Rev. 11 and 'Android Support Library' Rev. 21.0.3. I have added the


android:name="android.support.multidex.MultiDexApplication"

attribute to my manifest file, and am now trying to implement


@Override
protected void attachBaseContext(Context newBase) {
super.attachBaseContext(newBase);
MultiDex.install(this);
}

However, the 'MultiDex' class cannot be resolved. According to the Official Google Documentation, this jar should be located /extras/android/support/multidex/ There is no /multidex/ directory under the /support/ directory.


How might I download and install the MulitDex Support Library?

No comments:

Post a Comment

plot explanation - Why did Peaches' mom hang on the tree? - Movies & TV

In the middle of the movie Ice Age: Continental Drift Peaches' mom asked Peaches to go to sleep. Then, she hung on the tree. This parti...