Saturday, April 20, 2019

Developing for Android in Eclipse: R.java not regenerating



I've found out that my R.java is never updated, so it doesn't contain information about my new resources, so I decided to delete it and thought that Eclipse would generate a new one. But that didn't happen, and I don't have R.java now. How can I regenerate one?



I'm using Windows 7.



From one of the comments: "Doing Project -> Clean is what caused the problem for me. Cleaning deletes R.java...and for whatever reason the plugin is not regenerating the file."


Answer




This site suggests:




if you run a clean on the project it should regenerate all the generated Java files, namely R.




...and...




In Eclipse, under the Project menu, is an option build automatically.

That would help you build the R.java file everytime modifications are
made. The Clean... option is also there under Project.




This site suggests another solution.


No comments:

Post a Comment

plot explanation - Why did Peaches' mom hang on the tree? - Movies & TV

In the middle of the movie Ice Age: Continental Drift Peaches' mom asked Peaches to go to sleep. Then, she hung on the tree. This parti...