Saturday, September 1, 2018

python - Getting the first x item from a list










I have a string and I'm splitting in a ; character, I would like to associate this string with variables, but for me just the first x strings is useful, the other is redundant;



I wanted to use this code below, but if there is more than 4 coma than this raise an exception. Is there any simply way?



az1, el1, az2, el2, rfsspe = data_point.split(";")  

Answer



Yes! Use slicing:



az1, el1, az2, el2, rfsspe = data_point.split(";")[:5]


That "slices" the list to get the first 5 elements only.


No comments:

Post a Comment

plot explanation - Why did Peaches' mom hang on the tree? - Movies & TV

In the middle of the movie Ice Age: Continental Drift Peaches' mom asked Peaches to go to sleep. Then, she hung on the tree. This parti...