Tuesday, June 26, 2018

html - Can I use a :before or :after pseudo-element on an input field?



I am trying to use the :after CSS pseudo-element on an input field, but it does not work. If I use it with a span, it works OK.






This works (puts the smiley after "buu!" and before "some more")



buuu!a some more



This does not work - it only colors someValue in red, but there is no smiley.






What am I doing wrong? should I use another pseudo-selector?



Note: I cannot add a span around my input, because it is being generated by a third-party control.


Answer



:after and :before are not supported in Internet Explorer 7 and under, on any elements.




It's also not meant to be used on replaced elements such as form elements (inputs) and image elements.



In other words it's impossible with pure CSS.



However if using jquery you can use



$(".mystyle").after("add your smiley here");



API docs on .after



To append your content with javascript. This will work across all browsers.


No comments:

Post a Comment

plot explanation - Why did Peaches' mom hang on the tree? - Movies & TV

In the middle of the movie Ice Age: Continental Drift Peaches' mom asked Peaches to go to sleep. Then, she hung on the tree. This parti...