Wednesday, January 31, 2018

PHP error: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent







So I have this output on my page.. not understanding why I have it popping up. I'm new to php though, so maybe it's something easy to fix




-I have a header.php file, which includes all important info, as well has the banner of the page. This header.php is included on every page.



-I have it checking the session value to make sure user is allowed to be at a certain page. If user is not allowed to be there, I kick them back to login page



This is where the error comes up though. This is what I have:



include_once ("header.php");

if ($_SESSION['uid']!='programmer')
{

header('Location: index.php');
echo 'you cannot be here';
exit;
}


The index that it is redirecting to also has the header. So is having these multiple header references giving me this error? I see no other way to do this, and it's driving me nuts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

plot explanation - Why did Peaches' mom hang on the tree? - Movies & TV

In the middle of the movie Ice Age: Continental Drift Peaches' mom asked Peaches to go to sleep. Then, she hung on the tree. This parti...