Monday, July 22, 2019

java - Problems with String Input

So, for some reason I'm having problems just USING a string input.



I don't know why. Maybe it's some incredibly stupid thing everyone knows, but I don't.



Here's the non-functioning code:



import javax.swing.*;


public class Thing {
public static void main(String[] args) {
String input;

JOptionPane.showMessageDialog(null,"Welcome to the test...");
input = JOptionPane.showInputDialog("Do you wish to take the tutorial?" + "\n" +
"If affirmative, enter 'Yes'");
String i = input;


if(i == "Yes") {
tutorial();
} else if(input=="'Yes'") {
JOptionPane.showMessageDialog(null,"Don't actually put apostraphes around you're answer.");
tutorial();
} else {
JOptionPane.showMessageDialog(null,"Remember, you can pull up the tutorial at any time with 'T'");
}
}



Yes, I actually do have a tutorial method somewhere else, and it works fine.



The main problem is that if I enter 'Yes' or Yes, it still goes to the final else.



I only put in the



String i = input;



and changed it from



if(input == "Yes") {


because it didn't work then, either.



So what am I doing wrong?

No comments:

Post a Comment

plot explanation - Why did Peaches' mom hang on the tree? - Movies & TV

In the middle of the movie Ice Age: Continental Drift Peaches' mom asked Peaches to go to sleep. Then, she hung on the tree. This parti...