Thursday, May 2, 2019

Using Android Studio, how to specify "--info" to make project?



I've just switched over to Android Studio, from Eclipse, and I see this error :




Error:FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.




  • What went wrong: Task 'compileDebugSources' not found in project ':myproject'.


  • Try: Run gradle tasks to get a list of available tasks. Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output.






How/where in the Android Studio UI do I specify "--info" ?


Answer



The answer to this question was to simply not go down this rabbit hole.
What I did instead...



1) install Android Studio on my second Mac




2) check-out the project from git and open it



3) this time Android Studio actually stepped me through the issues at hand... which were :



a) build.gradle for a library project may not contain applicationId



b) replace runProguard with minifyEnabled



c) in your SDK manager, make sure you specifically have Android SDK Build-tools ver 20 installed. (I only had the latest)




Root cause ? No idea...


No comments:

Post a Comment

plot explanation - Why did Peaches' mom hang on the tree? - Movies & TV

In the middle of the movie Ice Age: Continental Drift Peaches' mom asked Peaches to go to sleep. Then, she hung on the tree. This parti...