Monday, May 21, 2018

c# - Breakpoints not hit, no symbols loaded



I have a VS Solution with some breakpoints. When I attach the solution to a third-party program the breakpoints are omitted ("The breakpoint will not currently be hit. No symbols have been loaded for this document"). Confusingly breakpoints of any (referenced) project that are not within my solution are hit, only those within my own solution are not. So when interacting the third-party tool I cannot debug through my projects. I also tried out this but the problem still occurs. I also re-built the whole solution to re-recreate the DEBUG-information-files for the projects. The location is the same as for the other solutions, but apparently its contained information is not loaded. Any ideas why?


Answer




Finally I found the answer in this post. I took a look into the loaded modules (Debug->Windows->Modules while having assembly attached to process) and noticed that my actual assembly wasn´t in the list. The code I wanted to debug is built with .NET 3.5 but modules have only been loaded for .NET 4.0. Usually this might be detected automatically as far as I am concerned but however this time automatic detection did not work for some weird reason so I changed selected code type from managed (v4.0) to managed (v2.0) and now it works. Hope this won´t occur when I have to debug on .NET 4.0 later again...


No comments:

Post a Comment

plot explanation - Why did Peaches' mom hang on the tree? - Movies & TV

In the middle of the movie Ice Age: Continental Drift Peaches' mom asked Peaches to go to sleep. Then, she hung on the tree. This parti...